Volunteers in Policing (VIPs) assist us by:
- Performing non-hazardous tasks throughout the city
- Providing assistance to the regular Department staff
- Acting as Department ambassadors to those who live, work, or play in Newport Beach
Volunteers are expected to work a minimum of 16 hours each month. Most volunteer activities take place during daylight hours, although volunteers occasionally assist with special events and functions at other times of day.
Volunteer positions are only open to individuals who have successfully graduated from our Citizens’ Police Academy. Graduates may contact our press information officer at 949-644-3662 to request an application.
At the time of the application, prospective volunteers should:
- Live or work in Newport Beach;
- Be at least 21 years old; and
- Have no felony convictions, outstanding warrants, or pending criminal cases.