Can you believe it's already time for our final Resolution Challenge?! This one is particularly timely during the Holiday Season.
Here are some tips to keep your season merry, and theft-free:
Package Theft Prevention
- Always track your package deliveries, so you know when they are expected to arrive.
- Make sure that someone is home to receive the delivery, or that a trusted neighbor is available to receive the delivery on your behalf.
- Never leave your deliveries unattended on your front porch.
- Always require a signature when having items delivered.
Mail Theft Prevention
- Always send outgoing mail via a USPS collection box or deposit your mail inside your local post office.
- Whether you have a home mailbox or use a post office box, you should always collect your mail on the day it is delivered. Never leave it in the mailbox overnight.
- Never send cash or coin through the mail.
- When reordering checks, have them sent to your bank.
- When you travel, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to pick up your mail.
- If you don't receive a check, bill, or other mail that you are expecting, contact the issuing agency immediately.
- Mail thieves look for bank statements and credit card bills, which can be used to create counterfeit checks or fake identifications. Ensure that this type of mail is secured as quickly as possible.
- Thieves also look for personal checks enclosed in your utility bill payments or other remittances in outgoing mail. They take the stolen checks, remove the ink, and then fill out the blank check with their name and the desired check amount.
So, this month, let's work together to put a stop to disappearing deliveries. If you're up for the Challenge, enter below for the chance to win an NBPD Lapel Pin.
And remember: all of your monthly entries will also be used in the grand prize drawings at the end of the year.
This Challenge is now closed for monthly entries. You may no longer submit a photo or video for this Challenge in order to qualify for the grand prizes at the end of the year.