City of Newport Beach Alarm System Ordinance Highlights:
A permit is required to operate an alarm system in the City of Newport Beach. There is a fee of $62 to obtain a permit. A residential permit is valid for three years and a commercial permit is valid for one year from date of issuance.
- All residential permits must be renewed every three years for a fee of $51. All commercial permits must be renewed annually for a fee of $51.
- There are penalties for excessive false alarms requiring Police Response and they are as follows:
- First and second Police false alarms within twelve consecutive months are not assessed a fine.
- Third Police false alarm within twelve consecutive months is assessed a $50 fine.
- Fourth Police false alarm within twelve consecutive months is assessed a $100 fine.
- Additional $25 increase for each subsequent false alarm within a consecutive 12 month period. For example, $125 for a fifth Police false alarm; $150 for a sixth, etc.
- A Permit may be revoked after the sixth false alarm within twelve consecutive months.
Newport Beach Police Department Alarm Monitoring:
The Newport Beach Police Department provides direct monitoring of residential and commercial alarm systems in the City of Newport Beach. This service is a limited alternative to private sector central station alarm monitoring. Alarms are monitored by our 24-hour 9-1-1/Police Communications Center. The fee for direct police alarm monitoring is $269 per year.
The Newport Beach Police Department provides monitoring only. An alarm owner is responsible for providing installation, programming and maintenance of their system. A private alarm company typically handles these responsibilities. Alarm systems monitored by the Police Department must be capable of communicating with a "Radionics 6600" receiver. Additional information is available by calling the Police Department Alarm Office at 949-644-3723.
How to obtain an Alarm Permit:
- To obtain an application on-line this will require:(Adobe Acrobat)
City of Newport Beach COMMERCIAL Alarm Permit (handwrite and mail to PD)
City of Newport Beach COMMERCIAL Alarm Permit (type and mail to PD)
City of Newport Beach RESIDENTIAL Alarm Permit (handwrite and mail to PD)
City of Newport Beach RESIDENTIAL Alarm Permit (type and mail to PD)
- A permit can be mailed to you by calling the Alarm office at 949-644-3723.