| Department History
1906 - 1927
On September 3, 1906, the City of Newport Beach was officially incorporated. The first City Hall was located East of the Newport Pier on the Oceanfront. The Police Department used several offices in the City Hall building until they moved to their own building on Court Avenue.
During these early years, various Marshals headed the Police Department. The Newport Beach Marshal's in order of service were J.W. Struckenbruck, M.H. Swain, Albert Hermes, James Porter with Deputy William Uhlrich, David L. Adams, and Jesse A. Winn.
History | Next