|I've lost my pet... What do I do?
The following is a listing of stray animals in custody at the Newport Beach Animal Shelter:
Please note that it may take a couple hours for animals recently impounded to appear on this page. This listing does not include animals which have been in our custody long enough to be made available for adoption (see our Animal Adoption Information page for information about adoptable animals). Animals are typically listed on this page for 5-7 days before being made available for adoption. This listing only includes animals picked up as strays, and does not include animals on a police hold due to safekeeping, quarantine, or evidentiary impounds. Please call Animal Control at 949-644-3717 if you believe your pet may be in our custody.
We highly recommend all of the following steps in order for you to find your missing animal:
- Contact the NBPD front desk at 949-644-3681 to report a lost or found pet.
- It is most helpful if you can provide a photograph of your pet to Animal Control. We recommend emailing a copy of the photograph to email@example.com. (Original photos cannot always be returned as they may become lost or stolen.)
- Make fliers or posters and circulate them with your neighbors. (Please know that it is unlawful for you to put such material inside a mailbox or tacked to trees or poles on private property).
- We also recommend that you check with local Veterinary Hospitals and be sure to leave a detailed description of your lost pet.
- It is not uncommon for a lost pet to wander for several miles or to be picked up by someone from another city. You should expand your search in either direction and you should visit other nearby shelters.
DONíT GIVE UP!!! Many animals are reunited with their owners weeks after becoming lost.